Also, as a side note, we are going to posting very soon. We have been so busy and we will talk more about that later, but for now, let's get on to the awards.
Blogger Recognition Award
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Give a little history on how your blog got started
- Give 2 pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Nominate 15 other blogs
So, we started our blog on July 27, 2015, but Lexi and I had been planning a blog for a long time before. We would write blog posts on Word documents, add photos and send them to friends. Our inspiration came from The Salty Breeze. Chrissa and Elizabeth were friends with Lexi, who lived in Florida before moving to Tennessee. Lexi and I were inspired to start our own blog, and our dream became a reality in July of 2015. If you want to read a more detailed history, click here to read our post about how we started blogging.
1. Don't worry if you don't have a ton of views
Something we've learned in the past year is that the number of views we get on our blog doesn't matter. Yes, we love to have people see our blog, but a number doesn't define who we are. We write posts because WE want to.
2. Blog about what you love
Blogging should be fun, and writing about something you love is fun. Plus, it's a great way to share what you love with others. For example, I love to write and take pictures, so blogging about what I'm doing is a lot of fun for me. Write about what you love, and you'll feel a lot prouder of work in the end.
Anyone who started their blog in July
Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer 11 questions and ask 11 questions
- Nominate 11 people and let them know
(As Geeky Girl did not ask any questions, I'll answer the same ones she did)
1. Do you have a pet?
Yes, I have two. Anna the Yorkie and Lauren the Pug.
2. What would you tell your younger self if you could go into the past?
Have fun, because once you grow up, life gets a lot more complicated.
3. If you could get a unicorn, what would you name it and what would it look like?
My unicorn would be white with rainbow spots and a purple horn and hooves, and I would name it Sprinkles Cupcake Unicorn.
4. What is your favorite book series?
The Chronicles of Narnia or the Anne of Green Gables books.
5. What color is your hair?
Dirty blond, I guess.
6. What is your favorite show/movie?
My favorite show is Masterchef Jr or So You Think You Can Dance.
7. If you could be rich for one day, what would you buy?
A better camera, a bigger house and put money in the bank for a car.
8. What is your favorite food?
My favorite food is anything with chocolate, especially if it also has peanut butter.
9. Who is your favorite Disney princess?
Rapunzel or Belle. Rapunzel is very adventurous and brave, and Belle is so sweet and loves books, just like me.
10. What's your favorite social media?
I don't have a social media, but I guess YouTube kinda counts. I don't have a YouTube channel. I just like watching videos.
11. What is your biggest dream?
To be an actress on Broadway and to write novels for teenagers.
1. If you could be any animal, what would you be?
2. If you could star in any musical, what musical would you want to star in?
3. What do you like to do in your spare time?
4. What is your favorite book that you've read in the past 6 months?
5. What is your favorite subject in school?
6. What is your least favorite subject in school?
7. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
8. If you could go anywhere in the world for a vacation, where would you go?
9. What is your favorite theme park?
10. If you could do anything in the world for a job, what would you do?
11. If you could have any animal in the world for a pet, what animal would you have?
Anyone who loves Unicorns!
Thank you so much Geeky Girl for nominating us. I had a ton of fun answering the questions.
What inspired you to start blogging?