Thursday, August 11, 2016

Throwback Thursday: "Over the Rainbow Photoshoot" Paper Blog Post

Hi there! It's Morgan with a Throwback Thursday post. If you are confused about the title, you should probably read our last post. Today's post was made by Melodie after she created an amazing costume. Without further ado, here is the "Over the Rainbow Photoshoot" post...

Hello readers! I am sure you are all wondering why I chose to call this post “Over the Rainbow” Photoshoot. As the name implies, my good friend Samantha did a Wizard of Oz themed photoshoot in my new…

Dorothy dress! I love this dress, and Sam was sweet enough to model it for me. The dress is a blue and white plaid material that my granny gave me on my recent visit. The white material was left over from a school project. The buttons and lace are also from my grandmother. The socks are Briana’s, which we believe are from American Girl. The shoes are Springfield Red Sparkly Flats (I don’t know if they actually have a name, so I made one), also from Briana. The personality is all Samantha.

I took a ton of photos, nearly sixty or so. I will share the best ones, along with a caption. The photoshoot is meant to copy parts of the movie that I could recreate with my camera. I hope you enjoy!



This is a before-the-photoshoot photo, so you can just see the dress. Cute!


Dorothy and Toto (Samantha and Lauren, my dog)


“Somewhere over the rainbow”


“Toto, you came back”


Running away


Over the Rainbow


“Toto, I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore”


Red shoes?


Perfect fit!


“We’re off to see the Wizard! The Wonderful Wizard of Oz!”


Photoshoot on the Yellow Brick Road


Up above to the whole outfit


Another stunning view of the dress


Our Dorothy


I hope you enjoyed the Over the Rainbow photoshoot. I had a lot of fun making the outfit and taking the photos. Sam said this was probably the best photoshoot she had ever participated in alone, and she loves the outfit.

This post was very fun to look at again. If you would like to see older posts again, comment below and we will try to do more Throwback Thursday posts.

Would you like to see Throwback Thursday posts, and what did you think of the photoshoot?

~Morgan

6 comments:

  1. Wow that is so cool! Did you sew the clothes yourself? Dress is adorable. You look classic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Melodie sewed the dress before I was adopted. I agree; Sam does look like a classic Dorothy.

      Morgan

      Delete
  2. *From Julie's doll mom:*

    Nice costume. Will Sam wear it for Halloween?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. No, Sam will not be wearing it this year, but our new friend Cameron will be. You can see her on our Friends and Family page, or on our post New Friend Times Two.

      Melodie

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO CUTE!!! #Puppylove

    Cameron

    ReplyDelete