Tuesday, February 16, 2016

A Fun Concert Together: told by Samantha and Riley

Hello everyone. It's Morgan. Sorry we haven't posted in so long, but we've been busy with school, our local science fair, and just life. We also have been planning a big surprise, which you will hear about later on.

So, last week on Wednesday (Feb. 10) Samantha and Riley went to a concert. They had a lot of fun together, and asked if they could share it with you. Riley will be posting in purple and Sam will be posting in blue.

Hello! I am so excited to share the story of last Wednesday's concert. Sam and I had so much fun.

I agree. So, my mom had told me about the concert a week before. It was called the Rock and Worship Roadshow concert, and some of my favorite bands and artists were going to play. I asked my mom if we could go, but sadly, she had to work. I was pretty disappointed, but I understood.

Sam had sent all of us a link to the concert, and I thought it sounded fun. Phil Wickham was going to be there, and the Newsboys! I showed my parents, and they thought it was a great idea, too. They decided to take me, and of course I was overjoyed. They also asked if any of my friends wanted to go. I texted around, and nobody was available, but Sam.

So, I went to the concert with Riley's family. I was thrilled to go, even if it meant standing for an hour in freezing weather.It finally feels like winter, compared to the nice weather we had around Christmas. Riley and I talked the whole time we were waiting in the cold, and it didn't feel that long. When we finally got in, the whole place was packed. It was really loud, so Riley's dad bought us some ear plugs. We got really good seats near the stage but not right next to it.


The concert was amazing. I really enjoyed all of the artists and their songs. Rock and Worship Roadshow
 encouraged taking pictures and videos, so we did. Here are a few photos from the evening of some of the artists/bands.

 Here is Mandisa. You can see her on the screen better than on stage, because we weren't right up against the stage.
 Here's Phil Wickham. He is so awesome. I love all of his music. He had a concert here over a year ago, but I didn't see it because I was still living overseas.
















Sadly, we really didn't get any good pictures of the other artists. But I can still remember who was there. Jeremy Camp was there right after the intermission. The Family Force Five was there, and they were so cool.

Audio Adrenaline played, although I only knew one of their songs. Citizen Way and Danny Gokey hosted the pre-show party, which meant they played some of their songs, like the other artists. 

And then of course the Newsboys! They are so cool. I have heard their songs on the radio off and on, and I loved all of the songs they played. Plus, we got to see some clips from the movie "God's Not Dead 2" which comes out later this year. I can't wait to go see it.

So that was our night. Sam and I had so much fun singing with the different bands and getting to spend time together. It was a great night.

Who is your favorite artist/band?

~Samantha and Riley





3 comments:

  1. neat! Only, the other picture didn't load....I bet you guys had fun!
    (Is sam a girl or a boy?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Sam and Riley had a lot of fun.
      Sam is a girl. Samantha, our friends, goes by Sam sometimes. Which picture was it? There is only two.
      Morgan (for Melodie)

      Delete
  2. Citizen Way! I love all there songs.

    Cameron

    ReplyDelete