Saturday, April 30, 2016

New Friends from Arkansas

Hi everyone! It's Morgan with the second post for today. (If you haven't seen my first post, click here). Over Spring Break, I got to visit my grandmother in Arkansas. My mom and I went up for a week to spend Easter with her. It was really fun to be only child for a little bit (my siblings stayed home with my dad). I took a lot of pictures, and met a new friend. Melodie also met a new friend, who happened to be connected to my new friend. I am sure you are a bit confused right now, so let me explain what happened.

I drove up to Arkansas with my mom on a Friday and got there that night. I had been once before, and Melodie has been a few times. I was excited to spend time with my grandmother, because we share a lot of the same interests.

The next day, I met a girl named Emily. She was borrowing my grandmother's vacuum, because she and her family were moving. I talked with her, and they were moving to our neighborhood! (what are the odds?) We spent Easter together, because she goes to my grandmother's church. We had a lot of fun spending a week together. Her mom owns a boutique, and I got a cute new outfit. They were moving to open another boutique. Here are pictures of us hanging out.


 Hanging out after swimming at an indoor pool (I had to take a selfie)


The day we met at my grandmother's house. (Mom behind the camera this time)


Emily's birthday was the day before she moved. I made her the dress, and the bow was a surprise from her cousin.

I am going to let Emily introduce herself, and then Melodie is going to tell about her new friend.



Hello. My name is Emily Kate Jones, and I moved from Arkansas. I love to act, and I have been many leading roles in plays and musicals. I also adore fashion, and I love to help my mom out in her boutique. Someday I hope to be CEO of my mom's boutiques, which I hope to spread nationwide. I also enjoy art and spending time outdoors.

Hello. It is Melodie now to tell about my new friend. On the Saturday before Easter, I noticed a girl moving in across the street, so I went over to say hi. Her name was Sierra, and she had just moved from Arkansas. I didn't have my camera, or I would have taken a picture. I invited Sierra to come over on Monday, and she agreed.

I talked with Sierra, and I happened to mention my sister was visiting Arkansas and met a girl named Emily. Sierra sounded excited as she asked if I had a picture of this Emily. When she saw the picture, she started to laugh. When she calmed down, she told me that Emily was her cousin! We all had a good laugh after that.



Emily and Sierra

Sierra explained that her family moved to Tennessee because Emily was going to. It was so funny that I met Sierra when Morgan met Emily. I am going to let Sierra introduce herself.



Hi! I am Sierra Erin Thomas, Emily's cousin. I am passionate about photography, and I am never happier than when I am in a tree getting a picture. Besides photography, I love drawing, playing with my Irish setter puppy Brownie, and spending time with my cousin.

I hope you enjoyed the introductions to Emily and Sierra. You will see plenty more of them to come.

What do you think of Sierra and Emily?

~Morgan and Melodie

3 comments: