Sunday, June 19, 2016

A Different Type of Post

Hello everyone! It's Melodie here with a different type of blogpost. Today, I am going to present a short story to you, made by me and some friends. This short story is a bit different than regular short stories, so let me explain before I share.

This short story was written by five girls, including me, based on a prompt. Each girl had one minute to write as much as she could based off the prompt, then the next girl would continue it in one minute. The result was a silly short story that took only six minutes to write. I started the story, then Morgan wrote, then our friend Arietta (click here to see our interview with her), then Samantha, then Riley, and then I finished the story. My writing is in purple, Morgan is green, Arietta is red, Sam is blue and Riley is pink. We hope you enjoy our short story.

Prompt:
 I'll never forget the day that...
the government shut down the superhero training program. My dad was one of the key scientists, and the FBI took him for questioning. Mom hid me in the basement where Dad had hid his secret; super bunnies. The bunnies were twice the size of normal rabbits, and they could fly. Dad didn't want anything to happen to them, so he hid all of them in the Empire State Building, and gave them ice cream sodas that had frogs in it.

"Ribbit," said the frogs. The bunnies' noses quivered.

"Let us be friends," said the oldest frog, and take down the evil orangutans. Everyone thinks they are cute, but they're really evil."

"Ok," said the bunnies. "We can fly to the rainforest and defeat them, but first we'll need to get magic bananas. They are the only thing that can stop orangutans."

The frogs and bunnies went and got the bananas, and defeated the evil orangutans. Then, they silently crept home to our basement, where Dad learned of their mission. He promised to never tell. That's why the FBI took him; to find out why there were reports of super bunnies defeating orangutans in the rainforest. That day, I swore to protect the bunnies' secret, no matter what the cost.

What did you think? It is silly, but it was a lot of fun seeing how each person added their own element to the story. I really enjoyed getting to do this, and I would love to do it again. Please comment if you would like to see more short stories like this in the future.

What did you think of our little story, and would like us to do it again?

~Melodie

2 comments: