Saturday, May 12, 2018

Con-GRAD-ulations!!!

Hello everyone! Yes, I know that was a horrible pun, but it got my message across. You're all now wondering who is graduating. Is it Morgan, the author (no, it's not)? Is it a family member? Friend? The little pug?

Just kidding with you. No, Lauren the Pug is NOT graduating, although that would be cute. It's actually Melodie!
Yes, Melodie is graduating high school and going off to college next year.
But wait, why are we waiting until now to tell you this? One big reason was we never wanted to reveal our ages, for privacy. And the second reason is kinda complicated, so I'm going to hand it off to Melodie to explain.

(laptop is passed to older sister)

Hello! It's Melodie, and yes, it's true. I'm graduating high school. I'm really excited to be going to college next year. I've been hesitant to tell you, though, because I wasn't even sure I was going to graduate this year. Let me explain.

So, I've been homeschooled for most of my life. I've been part of a lot of homeschool co-ops and outside classes. Because of this, I've been able to get ahead in a lot of subjects. At the beginning of the year, Mom and I sat down and looked at all the credits I had for high school. In Tennessee, homeschoolers, and I guess everybody, need to take a certain amount and certain kinds of classes to graduate. As we were reviewing all my classes, we realized that I could graduate a year early. I would have to take one extra class, but other than that I could graduate. I wasn't sure how I felt about it, but Mom encouraged me to treat this like my senior year. After thinking about it, I decided to do it.
So, what does that long explanation mean? Well, it means I'm graduating a year earlier than most people my age, and I'll be a year younger than most people when I start college. It's pretty cool, and I'm really excited (I think I've said that a couple times now)

My graduation is coming up, so look out for pictures of me in my cap and gown. I will be graduating under an official homeschool group in Tennessee, so I'll have a real graduation ceremony and everything!
What do you guys think? Are you excited I'm graduating?

Also, the pictures throughout are my senior photos, courtesy of Sierra.

~Melodie

2 comments:

  1. YAAAAAY! (It's Priscilla, btw :P ) and that's SO awesome! Is Melodie going to get senior photos? Is she going to do more blogging in college?
    Congratulations! And I, for one, appreciate the pun ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We haven't decided what the future of the blog will be, which is one decision we have to make this summer.

      Melodie's senior photos are the ones we used for this post. Sierra took them, and these were the best ones.

      Glad you liked the pun.

      Morgan

      Delete